Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Summer lovin

It is past sunset. Is that called twilight? Well if it is, I love twilight time of the day. It looks like there is rain coming in from the east while the last remnants of the sun disappear. I'm sitting next to Case. We are listening to the Dear John soundtrack. We are manly men. We may or may not try to watch it later in the evening. If we do, I may or may not tell you.

Today was the toughest day of work thus far. Diez Mil Arboles began the process on a new section of land today. The chainsaws revved up, and Case and I were handed a tool each that would have been high-tech two hundred years ago. It was a primitive version of a scythe/sickle. I bet it would have been interesting, or really entertaining, to have watched us get down the technique. Comments flew back and forth about our coordination and clumsiness. We laughed a ton and the sweat flew. Once a tree fell, the chest high weeds fell into our deadly hands, and were at the mercy of our sickle. We showed no mercy.

The beauty we are seeing daily is incredible. The sunsets, the dim mornings, the trees, the people.

A tool which a craftsman uses becomes dull through the years, and a spring loses its tension and becomes weak, but that which has the tension of the eternal retains it totally unchanged. 
- Soren Kierkegarrd, Works of Love

Proverbs 28:1 
The wicked man flees when no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion. 

When one shall, it if forever decided; and when you will understand that you shall love, your love is for ever secure. -Soren Kierkegaard, Works of Love

Search me O God, and know my heart
Test me and know my anxious thoughts. 
See if there is any offensive way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139: 23-24

2 comments:

  1. Love your photos! You are indeed manly men, doing that kind of hard labor -- sappy movie or no sappy movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. laughed so hard at the beginning of this post i started to cry...

    ReplyDelete